Friday, May 6, 2011

Where it all began

Before I reveal RJ's Nursery and Baby Shower pictures I want to share with you where our inpirations began...
My husband and I love the ocean, we live 10 minutes away from the beach, we go boating very often in the summer and two years ago I received my certification for scuba diving (so far I have only taken 3 dive trips). The ocean is so peaceful. In fact 99.9% of our vacations we end up on an island, no snow for us. So when we found out we were expecting a boy, what better way to celebrate with a nautical theme?!?!? Ah... the ocean... heaven. My wonderful mother in law wanted to host the baby shower at her home and asked me to help her decorate and organize all the goodies (I love surprises, but I was so happy to help... I live for this stuff). On one of our shopping trips to Ikea, I found these napkins
and right away the baby shower was planned around this little adorable napkin. I loved the navy blue with a touch of white and light blue sleek modern clean lines. Most of the decorations I tried my best to either make it or find it on clearance, thrift store or recycled. Guest received this invitation that I created to set the mood

Favor Tags

Here is a glimpse of the paper station

 Lobster Cookie Favors all tied up ready to go

 I also made a banner for behind the cake table

 Last but certainly not least was the advice cards. I wanted something personalized and of course free, so I created these in Photoshop. There was some hilarious advice, and others that I look back on and wished I would have listened (for example.. SLEEP as much as you can!!).
One of my friends predicted the date and was off by one hour exact, incredible!

I had a great time helping out with the shower, I wish I could plan parties 24/7.
Next up we will post the decor pictures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment