- A Circuit tester which is used to check and see if there is any electrical current running throughout the electrical wires.
- A Screw driver
- New outlet which should only cost you around $0.50
4. Unscrew the outlet and pull it out of the wall. It should come out a few inches. Set the screws aside.
5. Loosen the screws holding the wires and remove the outlet.
6. Attach the wires to the new outlet. Wrap the wires around the terminals with needle-nose pliers or your fingers.
7. Tighten the screws around the wires
8. Screw the outlet back into the wall.