Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby Food Making

I am not a cook by any mean, heck we barely cook at home. If we do cook it's 2-3 nights a week and one night is guaranteed to be an frozen pizza or mac & cheese. However, making Robert food is something I have always wanted to do. I remember when I was about 6-7 years old my grandmother would make all my food. I would sit on the kitchen table and watched her cook or she would give me a book to play with. This is a moment that I will always cherish, so I want to make this special for Robert as well. When I make his food he is usually in his high chair eating a piece of watermelon or is playing with his toy. Making his food feels like such an accomplishment, I love it!
My girlfriend gave me the book Baby Love by Norah O'Donnell and Geoff Tracy. It has been great to get me started, I also check out Wholesome Homemade baby food to get some ideas. I did not want to buy another gadget for the kitchen, so I used a blender that was a wedding gift (still in the box!!!!), syran wrap and a very thin scapula. I did buy the Tovolo Perfect cube trays from Target.com... which I HIGHLY recommend. Buy 3 packs (6 trays in total). 
We started with veggies... sweet peas, butternut squash, green beans, carrots and zucchini. I just bought some fresh spinach so tomorrow I will be steaming it and throwing it in the blender! We will be introducing fruits this week... apples, peaches, avocado, blueberries and mango (I am going to rotate some veggies in between the fruits). 
Tonight I made peaches and apples
 
My little man Playing as I make his yum yum. So sweet, I just want to eat him...
7 months 1 week
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment